How to Use Yoga for Individual Health Problems:
Yoga is known universally as a great type of exercise for physical and mental health. Maybe this is because specific Yoga poses target specific problems extremely well. It is so much more than simply poses and meditation, or exercise and stretching. It offers true healing as well.
The practice of Yoga works hand in hand together with a good and proper diet. This cannot be overemphasized, so when learning these Yoga poses, please keep in mind the tips on how to improve your diet as well for your best success.
Have a look at this alphabetic list of the recommended poses for various health problems, and learn which Yoga pose, or poses, you need to learn to alleviate a health problem you might have.
Learn Yoga for Individual Health Problems
- Acne: Sun Salutations, the shoulder-stand and its counter-poses, head to knee poses, Peacock poses and Abdominal Isolation.
- Arms (Sagging): Sun Salutations, Incline plane pose, Bow Pose, Wheel pose and the Balancing Poses -peacock and Crow.
- Asthma: Deep abdominal breathing, Shoulder-stand, bridge and fish Pose, Bow Pose and Corpse pose (Abstinence from animal products and ALL processed foods strongly required! Fruits and Veggies Only!)
- Back-Ache: Sun Salutations, Fish pose, bow pose
- Bad Breath: Sun Salutations, Inverted Poses, Bow and Balancing Poses, Cleansing fire Pose and Breathing exercises. Short fasts and Restricted Occasional juicy organic fruit diets are recommended.
- Body Odor: Sun Salutations, the Shoulder-stand. 15-20 Minutes after you have completed the Yoga poses are practiced, use a warm damp rag to wipe your pubic regions
- Bust and Chest (firming): abdominal breathing, Bow, Crow pose
- Chin-(prevention of double chin): Fish, Wheel, Sun Salutations
- Common Cold: Sun Salutations, shoulder-stand and her counter- poses, Breathing Exercises, Nasal Irrigation, Also, avoid dairy foods, grain and animal products along with processed foods. Maybe even do a short fast.
- Constipation: Inverted Poses, Sun Salutations, head to knee Poses, Bow Pose, the balancing poses of Peacock and crow variations. Eat high fiber foods, celery, melons and dates etc.
- Delaying Old Age: Sun Salutations, Shoulder-stand, Bridge Pose, Fish Pose, Wheel Pose, Abdominal lift and Breathing exercises.
- Depression: Sun Salutations, shoulder stand and its counter pose, backward bending and balancing exercises.
- Determination (lack of): Balancing exercises.
- Diabetes: Head to Knee Poses – both sitting and standing, Sun Salutations, Bow Pose. Eat lots of leafy green vegetables and also celery. Eat sub acid fruits – stone fruits in summer and pears and apples in Winter and Fall, in Spring eat berries.
- Digestive Problems: Abdominal Isolations and lifts, Shoulder-stand, Plough Head to knee pose, Bow Pose, Peacock pose. Do a two to three day juice fast.
- Eye problems: Inverted poses: – the Shoulder-stand and Plough Poses.
- Excess Weight: Sun Salutations, Inverted Poses – the Shoulder-stand and Plough Poses. Bridge and Fish Pose, Bow and Breathing exercises. Diet-wise, choose either a restricted singular diet of fruit or a Juice fast for a week or two.
- Fatigue: Corpse Pose, Wheel Pose
- Focus (lack of): Sun Salutations, balancing exercises and Breathing exercises.
- Gastrointestinal Disorders: The Shoulder Stand Sequence, Head to knee Pose, Bow Pose, and The peacock pose.
- Hips (Reduction of Fat): Spinal Twist, Twisted Crow Pose, Triangle Pose, Bow and Wheel Pose
- Insomnia: The Inverted Poses, The corpse pose and Breathing exercises.
- Jaw (Sagging): Sun Salutations, Shoulder stand and her counter poses, head to knee poses (sitting) and its counter pose, Wheel Pose.
- Laryngitis: Sun Salutations, the Shoulder stand and its counter pose. The Wheel pose.
- Lethargy: Sun Salutations, Shoulder stand and its counter poses, the Wheel Pose and the Balancing Poses.
- Menopause Disorders: Bow, Shoulder stand, Fish, Plough and Head to Knee Poses.
- Nervousness: Shoulder stand and its counter-poses, Bow pose and Corpse pose
- Ovarian Insufficiency: Inverted Poses, Bow Pose, Wheel Pose, Abdominal Isolation and the Head to Knee pose.
- Premature Ejaculation: Shoulder stand, Plough pose, Head to Knee Poses, Bow Pose and Peacock Pose. Abdominal Lifts.
- Pubic Disorders: Sun Salutations, Inverted poses, Head to Knee Poses (sitting and standing)
- Rheumatism: Sun Salutations – do them gently three to six rounds, the Bow Pose and Triangle Poses. Skip dairy, grains and animal products and other processed food types.
- Sexual disorders: Inverted Poses, Head to knee poses sitting and standing, bow pose, Balancing Poses – Peacock and Crow variations.34. Spinal Stiffness: Spinal Twist, Bow, Sun Salutations Twisted Crow Poses.
- Stomach Sagging: Inverted Poses, Head to Knee Poses, Bow Pose, Wheel Pose, Balancing Exercises.
- Thighs: Sun Salutations, Inverted poses, Diamond Pose, Bow and Wheel Pose, Head to knee Poses, Triangle Poses.
- Thyroid Deficiency: Shoulder-Stand and Plough poses. Include plenty of leafy greens and also celery for food and also juice them.
- Uterine disorders: Inverted Poses and the bow pose
- Varicose Veins: Inverted poses, Head to knee Poses and the Backward bending Exercises
- Waistline, reduce and firm: Sun Salutations, Inverted Poses, Spinal Twists, Triangle Poses, Balancing exercises
- Wrinkles: inverted Poses, head to knee poses, Sun Salutations and the balancing exercises.
So there it is, a comprehensive list of which of the many Yoga poses can help with any ailment you may have. You can add a fast or as an alternative a restricted mono-diet of a juicy fruit, to most of the exercises, and this will speed up your enhancement.
Yoga, along with a great diet and good mental attunements combined, can be a true panacea (cure-all) for almost any health problem people face. Dedicate a daily practice and target your specific problem and you should soon see a drastic improvement.