By regularly practicing the yoga poses – the Sun Salutations, Yoga weightloss can be easily achievable to you. The Sun Salutations Yoga exercises are a combination of yoga breathing, Yoga Poses, sun-bathing along with prayer.
Sun Salutations have been practiced for many centuries by the Yogis of India, Martial Arts practitioners and even African wrestlers, as a complete system to enhance the mind and the body to a greatly uplifted state.
It has been said that one single round of the Sun Salutation Yoga exercises is a whole lot better for a body than slogging through a whole week of strenuous exercises at your gym. Sun Salutations are incredibly simple to learn and implement.
Almost anyone, regardless of their level of fitness and their flexibility can learn these simple Yoga for weight loss exercises.
Yoga WeightLoss – Sun Salutations:
Yoga Weightloss with Sun Salutation
- Stand straight with your palms together in the prayer position.
- Inhale and stretch your arms above your head.
- Exhale and bend forward while touching your toes.
- Inhale and stretch your right leg away from your body in a big backward step and keep your hands and left foot firmly on the ground. Bending your head backwards, the left knee should be between your hands.
- Inhale and hold your breath. Move your left leg from your body and, keeping both your feet together and your knees off the floor, rest on your hands (arms straight) and keep your body in a straight line from head to foot.
- Exhale and lower your body to the floor. In this position, only 8 portions of your body come in contact with the floor: the two feet, two knees, two hands, chest and forehead.
- Inhale and bend back as much as possible bending your spine to the maximum.
- Exhale and lift your body of the floor. Keep your feet and your heels on the floor.
- Inhale and bring your right foot along the level of your hands; your left foot and knee should touch the ground. Look up, bending your spine slightly (same position as #4).
- Exhale and bring your left leg forward. Keep your knees straight and bring your head down to the knees as in the third position.
- Raise your arms overhead and bend backward inhaling. As in Position 2.
- Exhale and drop your arms and relax.
The above is one single round of the Sun Salutaions. When using these exercises to lose weight yoga fast, do them in multiples of three complete rounds, and do as many of these rounds as you can – comfortably. Your Sun Salutaions will only take about five to ten minutes for your to complete. If you can aim towards completing six full rounds at a minimum, and up to thirty rounds as a maximum, you will be well on your way to Yoga Weightloss.